It’s Friday and I am looking forward to another great weekend! In celebration of the weekend, I thought I would share a new recipe I found. In the event you don’t have time for happy hour at the local bar/pub, you can enjoy it at home! Pull out for martini shaker and favorite martini glasses and have yourself a Peach-Mint Green Tea Mocktail.
- 2 cups cold water
- 5 green tea bags or comparable amount of loose tea
- 1 12-ounce can peach nectar
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, slightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Ice cubes
- Splash of vodka*
- Bring water just to boiling in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add tea.
- Steep, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea.
- Stir in nectar and sugar.
- Add Mint.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Strain tea mixture and serve over ice.
- For the adventurer in you… add a splash of vodka*
Whether you use the vodka or not, please stop by and share your Peach-Mint Green Tea Mocktail experience. Until then… Happy Tea Drinking!