You may remember a previous tea review from me detailing my experience with Dragonwater’s Honeybush Vanilla. Upon brewing and tasting, not only did I fall in love with this tea, my husband (the non hot tea drinker) also really enjoyed it.
So I thought, perhaps I should make a big pitcher of Iced Honeybush Vanilla Tea. On Sunday, after preparing a big dinner, I set out to make a batch. Let me tell you… the family loved it! Iced Honeybush Vanilla is absolutely delicious. It is officially our iced tea drink for Summer 2008.
8 cups of water (64 ounces)
10 tsp loose Honeybush Vanilla tea
1/4 + 1/3 cups of sugar (more or less to taste)
- Bring water to a rolling boil
- Add the Honeybush Vanilla (I used two large tea balls – feel free to use your traditional brewing technique)
- Steep for 12 minutes
- Remove/strain loose tea
- Stir and pour into serving picture
- While hot add sugar and stir
- Place in refrigerator or freezer until cold (I don’t like to add ice cubes for fear of diluting the flavor)
If you are a fan of southern iced tea, you’ll love Iced Honeybush Vanilla Tea. You get the comforts of down home with a special twist… the unexpected taste of vanilla. With its rich red color, I could not have asked for a more refreshing tea drink. If you decide to try this recipe for Iced Honeybush Vanilla Tea let me know. Until then… Happy Tea Drinking!